Snowmass Balloon Festival Overview
The Snowmass Balloon Festival fills the sky with one of the highest-altitude balloon events in the country. Highlights include a specialized Kid's Zone and the Saturday evening glow, barbeque, and free concert where brightly colored balloons light up the night sky and twinkle on and off like starts. This is one of our fastest growing events and is co-sponsored by the Denver Post.
“I did a balloon ride in Snowmass a few years ago. It was really an awesome experience. For one, you do get to help with the inflation of the balloon. They do not let you walk inside, but you are able to stand at the opening and peer inside. Awesome! Getting off the ground is nice, but when you get up in the air is when it all happens. We did get up to the 10,000 ft elevation. Now, granted that is only 2000 ft above ground level up here, but how often does one get there in a mostly motionless stationary position. There are panoramic 360 degree views of mountains and valleys as far as the eye can see. Looking down on the action on the ground. I did go up on a very clear, low wind morning, and visibility seemed endless. Although we did not get to view any wildlife, the possibility is there. I would do this again in a heartbeat.”
- Carter Memorial Colorado Rat Race
- Friday, September 13 - 7:00- 10:00 AM Carter Memorial Colorado Rat Race - Come watch this annual tradition as 25 of the most seasoned and daring Pilots race to see who can fly their Balloons the farthest down valley in a three hour window.
- The SnowMASS Ascension & X-Marks the Spot
- Saturday, September 14 - 7:00 - 10:00 AM The SnowMASS Ascension & X-Marks the Spot - A coordinated launch of all balloons participating in the 2013 Snowmass Balloon Festival. Pilots will attempt to maneuver as close as possible to two different targets, location to be determined by official judges, based on the winds the morning of competition. Competitors will throw weighted baggies at two different X targets. The goal is to try and get closest to the middle of both X targets. After competing the balloons will float effortlessly above the Snowmass Valley for an hour or two, perhaps dropping down for a splash-n-dash in one of the golf course ponds, offering spectacular views and tremendous photographic opportunities.
- Night Glow and Concert on Fanny Hill
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM Night Glow and Concert on Fanny Hill - Join us on Fanny Hill for this years night glow featuring 15 of your favorite Balloonists lighting up the night sky. Music provided by Denver favorite, "Places".
- The SnowMASS Ascension & Balloon Dance
- Sunday, September 15 - 7:00 - 10:00 AM The SnowMASS Ascension & Balloon Dance - A coordinated launch of all balloons participating in the 2013 Snowmass Balloon Festival. Pilots matched in Paris will take off with a partner balloon, each holding one end of flagging tape . The two balloons that remain in the air the longest with the flagging tape intact win this portion of the competition.Once aloft, the balloons will float effortlessly above the Snowmass Valley for an hour or two, perhaps dropping down for a splash-n-dash in one of the golf course ponds, offering spectacular views and tremendous photographic opportunities..
Lodging & Event Information
For all-inclusive event packages, including lodging, airfare, rental cars, or anything else you may require, call one of our local vacation experts. Call 888.649.5982 or book online below.