Travel Tips For Your Next Ski Vacation
Before You Leave - Tips for Planning Your Trip
It’s all about planning
For a stress-free Colorado vacation, organize before you leave. Lodging: Find a condo, hotel room or house appropriate to your needs; Book online, or call one of our agents at 888.649.5982. Plan your transportation from the airport to your lodging: whether you’re flying to Aspen, Denver or Eagle airport, you can rent a car, book a shuttle or flag down a taxi from all 3 airports. Take care of ski and snowboard equipment and lift tickets in advance: why waste time worrying about lifts tickets and rentals? Here are a few reasons why you should buy ahead of time:
- You can get up to 20% off on rental equipment and lift tickets.
- It’s a one stop pick-up: whether you are staying in Aspen or Snowmass you can pick-up your equipment and lift tickets at all seven Aspen Snowmass Four Mountain Sports locations.
Packing for your trip
Create a packing list or check out one of our packing lists to avoid over or under-packing. Take the hassle-free vacation one step further
- Book your Aspen / Snowmass activities in advance: from concerts tickets to dinner reservations, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling or snow-shoeing.
- You don’t even need to go food-shopping, send your shopping list a few days prior to arrival to lodging property, and they’ll be delivered the day you arrival. (limited by property, call for details).
Tips for Transportation
- Ship your luggage in advance: this low-cost door-to-door service can save you long waits at airport check-in or even lost luggage.
- Leave your old equipment at home and rent new equipment: get the best ski/snowboard equipment on the market at a 20% discount with advance purchase through us.
- Airlines do make schedule changes, confirm your flight arrangements with the airline (online or telephone) or with your travel agent 2-3 days prior to travel.
Tips for Driving in Aspen & Snowmass
You don’t need a car at Aspen Snowmass. Here are a few reasons why:
- Walk: Both Aspen and Snowmass have pedestrian friendly cores with large sidewalks, outdoors mall and have the added advantage of being small towns. Wherever you find yourself, you are most likely five to 10 minutes to shops, restaurants and the slopes!
- Bike: Join the locals! Rent a cruiser and ride around town.
- Public transportation is FREE: All ski shuttles, cross town shuttles and airport buses are free. Buses depart on average every 10 minutes. No more treacherous winter driving, paying for gas or parking ($15.00 for on mountain, and $2.00/hour in the town).
- But if you really must, you can always rent a car…
Tips for Staying In Aspen/Snowmass
- Skin: Using sun screen in the Rocky Mountains is as important as using a seat belt or wearing a helmet. Use Spf. 30 and apply frequently. Be aware that the sun's reflection off the snow is strong even on cloudy days.
- Water: Exerting yourself at higher altitudes increases the risk of dehydration, so drink plenty of water.
- Altitude: You’re at more than 7,000 feet in Aspen Snowmass so you may feel the effects of altitude sickness. If you start to feel dizzy or nauseous on the hill, head back to the base and drink more water.
- The best way to prevent altitude sickness is to limit physical activity for the first few days and drink alcohol in moderation. If you suffer from the altitude you can pick up over the counter pain killers that contain acetazolamide or dexamethasone at the local pharmacy.
Other Travel Tips
Call a local vacation expert at 888.649.5982.