Bumps for Boomers
December 2018 - March 2019
Bumps for Boomers
Bumps for Boomers® is an innovative ski program that quickly teaches Baby Boomers how to confidently ski terrain previously considered beyond their capabilities. Intermediate-level, groomed run Boomers become confident mogul and powder skiers in just two days. The program will redefine your skiing limits and open up a whole new world of skiing enjoyment.
Bumps for Boomers' instructors teach the necessary skills that make skiing moguls and powder easy. Most importantly this means that you start to have fun fast! Skiing un-groomed terrain may be difficult for you because the blend of skills used on "groomers" is not appropriate for moguls and powder. The new knowledge and skills that you will earn empower you to ski the entire mountain with confidence. Read what the NY Times has to say about BUMPS FOR BOOMERS.
Bumps for Boomers Video
Bumps for Boomers will help you to:
- Understand the distinction between being upright on your skis and being balanced on your skis.
- Improve your balance by better understanding the importance of what must happen in the first three feet of each turn.
- Understand the secret to maintaining good speed control, no matter how steep the terrain.
- Learn why it is a common misperception that your weight should always be on the downhill ski.
- Understand how ski length contributes to skier anxiety and bad form.
- Find that the key to great mogul and powder skiing is to develop the skills of a soft edge, the opposite of the ski industry emphasis with the use of the new carving equipment.
- You can view the Bumps for Boomers, Bill Fabrocini Ski Fitness Videos for extra tips. This ski fitness training series is designed to prepare you for fun on the slopes. Good skiing fitness helps you avoid injury, ski better, minimize back and/or knee pain, reduce fatigue and extend your skiing day.
Bumps for Boomers' instructors train on ski boards, which are very short 98cm shaped skis. These very maneuverable skis instantly bring out the playfulness in everyone. They will be the most fun you've had on snow in years, and ski boards offer significant training benefits over traditional length skis.
- They provide you clear and instantaneous feedback on your stance, producing a more centered and balanced skier.
- A skiboard's smaller turning radius provides better speed control enabling patient, rounded turns and reduced anxiety.
- The shorter length makes turning easier which builds confidence in the three dimensional terrain presented by moguls and powder.
- Ski boards are substantially lighter than traditional length skis which reduces both fatigue and knee stress.
- Newly learned skills easily transfer back to your traditional length skis.
"Bumps For Boomers® exceeded my expectations. Joe Nevin, a boomer himself, understood that I did not want to be the fastest one down the mountain but just be able to ski the entire mountain. In one day I developed the techniques to improve my balance and control. I strongly recommend the program for any boomer who wants to enjoy more of the skiing experience."
"I have been a part-time skier for 30 years. I was amazed with the ski boards. My improved balance and control eliminated my previous anxiety on black diamond runs. I now love moguls!"
"In our third half-day lesson we skied a black mogul run with a foot of powder on it... I suddenly started looking at a trail map, and myself, in a whole new way."
I am now "able to tackle any terrain and at any pitch. This whole new breakthrough made the trip phenomenal."
"The Bumps for Boomers® program is Aspen's secret weapon."
"I felt noticeably better balanced when I went back to my conventional skis. It was one of the best ski days I've had this year. I am more sold on ski boards now than I was when I left Snowmass the other day."
Schedule and Pricing
4-Day Clinic: Description, Schedule and Pricing
The Ultimate Mogul Skiing Program
An introductory 4-day mogul clinic for intermediate-level skiers who normally ski groomed corduroy runs and avoid moguls and powder at all cost. If you are a terminal intermediate-level groomed run skier and want to break out of the intermediate rut and learn new skills that will enable you to confidently and safely ski off of over-crowded groomed runs then this is the program for you.
Participants will learn the prerequisites to good mogul technique:
- how to achieve and maintain better balance;
- speed control techniques for moguls and powder;
- tactics that make skiing moguls easy and fun.
We train on skiboards for days one and two. The third and fourth days provide a coached transition back to traditional length skis on a wider range of ever-more challenging terrain.
By the end of the clinic intermediate-level skiers will rediscover their passion and enthusiasm for skiing and can expect to enjoy, and feel completely comfortable, skiing intermediate and advanced mogul runs.
As a bonus, these same newly learned skills also give you the confidence and ability to ski powder.
This comprehensive clinic includes 4 full days of on-snow training and use of skiboards for the first two days.
The clinic price includes on-snow training and complementary use of the skiboards that we use for training. Just bring your ski boots and ski poles. You provide traditional length skis (rent locally or bring your own) for days three and four. Meals are not included. Lift tickets are not included.
The 4-day Clinics
- December 11-14, 2018 (Tuesday-Friday)
- December 15-18, 2018 (Saturday-Tuesday)
- January 9-12, 2019 (Wednesday-Saturday)
- January 13-16, 2019 (Sunday-Wednesday)
- January 17-20, 2019 (Thursday-Sunday)
- February 7-10, 2019 (Thursday-Sunday)
- February 11-14, 2019 (Monday-Thursday
- March 4-7, 2019 (Monday-Thursday)
- February 1-3 (Friday-Saturday)
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at (888) 649-5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.