Snowmass Mountain and Ski Area Summers
Elk Camp Gondola and Chairlift at Snowmass
Offered daily, you - and your bike! - can ride the Elk Camp Gongola to mid-mountain reaching nearly 10,000 feet and enjoy miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. ACES nature walks, disc golf, climbing wall, fishing and special programs offered for adults. Friday through Sunday, take the Elk Camp lift to the 11,300-foot summit where you can soak up breathtaking views of the famed Maroon Bells or enjoy a hike back down to the Elk Camp Gondola on our new Summit trail. After you've worked up an appetite, have lunch on-mountain at Elk Camp Cafe or dinner in base village at Sneaky's Tavern. Mountain bikes are available for rent at Four-Mountain Sports. And be sure to take advantage of the FREE parking in the base village parking garage all summer!
|Snowmass Operation:||Daily: June 22 - September 3, 2018|
Weekends: September 8-30, 2018
Elk Camp Gondola Hours: 10 am - 4 pm (last ride down at 4:15 pm)
Elk Camp Chairlift Hours: 10 am - 3 pm (last ride down at 3:15 pm)
|Aspen Operation:||See the Aspen Mountain Activities|
|2017 Advance Purchase Summer Sightseeing Ticket - 2018 pricing coming soon|
Gain an elevated perspective with a gondola ride, a chair lift ride (only at Snowmass) and enjoy a range of free on-mountain activities, from our climbing wall to disc golf.
* Tickets are available in 1 day iterations only for both Snowmass and Aspen Mountain. You must specify which mountain when ordering. This pricing is for advance purchase through Stay Aspen Snowmass. Day of window pricing will be higher.
Free Summer Sightseeing Ticket with three nights of lodging when booked through Stay Aspen Snowmass. Limit one per reservation. There is a two day advance purchase on all these summer products.
FREE parking is available at the base village garage all summer. Through Labor Day, the Sky Cab gondola will run daily between base village and upper Snowmass Village from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Sky Cab is FREE!
Elk Camp Gondola and Chairlift at Snowmass Location
The Elk Camp Gondola, Village Express Lift and Sky Cab are located in the Base Village. The is no exact address for the lifts but the address for Four-Mountain Kids (Treehouse Kid's Adventure Center) is 120 Lower Carriage Way, Snowmass CO, which is in the same plaza. Take the Elk Camp Gondola to get to the Elk Camp Chairlift.
Activities on Snowmass Mountain
Activies' information is subject to change
- MOUNTAIN BIKING/HIKING/MOUNTAINBOARDING: TRAILS:
- Miles of trails, from gentle roads to challenging singletrack, await novice to expert riders and hikers. Snowmass welcomes mountain bikes, and mountainboards. The Burlingame lift will take you and your equipment up the mountain where you can discover trails of every level. Mountain biking and mountainboarding lessons are available for ages 6 through adult at Camp Aspen Snowmass, located at the end of the Snowmass Village Mall.
Mountain bikes and mountainboards are available to rent at Four-Mountain Sports/D&E.
Check out the Snowmass Bike Park page.
- FARM TO TABLE DINNERS:
- Elk Camp restaurant, located mid-mountain on Snowmass, will continue Farm to Table Dinners on Tuesday evenings for the third year in a row. Due to popularity, the dinners will include an expanded schedule that kicks-off Tuesday, July 11 and runs every Tuesday until August 15, 2017. The culinary experience includes a free ride up the Elk Camp gondola to the restaurant where guests can enjoy locally-sourced ingredients in a farm-to-table inspired à la carte dinner format with full cash bar, outdoor family activities and live music. Food and beverage options are sourced from local farmers and companies such as Crystal River Meats, Rock Bottom Ranch, Farm Runners, Woody Creek Distillery, The Roaring Fork Beer Co, Marble Distillery, Aspen Beer Co. and more. Five percent of food sales will go to Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) and The Roaring Fork Conservancy. Each organization will have representatives on site to speak about the various food and beverages.
- ACES GUIDED NATURE HIKES AND WALKS:
- A naturalist from the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies will guide you on a beautiful hike with fantastic views of Snowmass Village and surrounding areas. FREE!
- DISC GOLF:
- Challenge yourself on our 36-hole on-mountain disc golf course. The course meanders from the top of the Burlingame lift all they way down to the Snowmass Village Mall. Score cards and course maps are free and available at the top of the Burlingame lift. Discs are available for rent or purchase at Four-Mountain Sports at Snowmass.
- RUN & GUN PAINTBALL:
- Join us for a wild game of paintball. We offer an outdoor course and lots of games from which to choose. Group rates are available for parties of 20 or more. Sorry, children under age 8 are not permitted. Open daily. Reservations are required - call 970-923-1227.
- KIDS' TROUT FISHING:
- Experience the thrill of landing a Rocky Mountain rainbow trout from one of our secret on-mountain ponds. Offered daily. Children under 4 are not permitted. Reservations are required.
- SUMMER OF FREE MUSIC SERIES
- Bring a blanket and picnic basket of food and non-alcoholic beverages to Fanny Hill on Thursdays at 6 p.m. and enjoy FREE concerts from reggae to rock to R&B. Beer and wine available for purchase
More information about Free concerts on the mountain.
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at (888) 649-5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.