The winter excitement is riding high here in Aspen Snowmass! With incredible current mountain conditions, an optimistic snow forecast for the week, great deals, and more, there’s no better time than now to book your Aspen Snowmass vacation.
Here are our top 5 reasons to book your ski trip right now!
1. New Snow with More on the Way
Aspen Snowmass received up to a foot of snow during the storm cycles over this past weekend. Both Aspen Mountain and Snowmass enjoyed seven inches of fresh snow and a bluebird powder day on Sunday. According to OpenSnow
, another storm cycle will be moving through Colorado’s southern and central mountains (which includes us!) and could deliver more of the soft, fluffy stuff Thursday through Monday!
2. Great Selection of Terrain
Aspen Mountain and Snowmass are currently open with over 1,200 acres and 69 trails available for skiing and riding. New snow has allowed for surprise rope drops on terrain, new openings on your favorite groomers, and the slopes looking like mid-winter. Aspen Highlands, originally set to open December 8, is opening early on Saturday, December 1
! An additional 700 acres will open up there, including portions of the beloved Highland Bowl. Be sure to check out the Mountain Updates page
and download the Aspen Snowmass app
for the latest terrain news. Buttermilk is set to open on Saturday, December 8.
3. Aspen Snowmass Lodging Deals
If the prospects of skiing freshies and enjoying plenty of fun terrain doesn’t get you excited, our current deal offerings should.
- Free Fridays - Through December 21, take advantage of our Free Friday promotion and enjoy 3 nights of lodging and 3 days of skiing for the price of two on participating properties. This package must be booked 7 days in advance.
- Perfect Storm - From January 1 - March 31, buy 4, get 5 days of skiing when you purchase with 4 nights of lodging. Book this package by the 15th for next month arrivals.
- Kids Ski Free - When you book lodging through Stay Aspen Snowmass, book equipment rentals for your children from Four Mountain Sports and they ski free for every day of their rentals.
4. Updates and Improvements for 2018-2019
There’s a lot happening around Aspen Snowmass this winter! Don’t miss out on big improvements to the Snowmass Base Village, plus the celebration of the grand opening on December 15, and the new Limelight Hotel Snowmass! Buttermilk enthusiasts will enjoy a newly renovated Fort Frog for the kids.
5. It’s Aspen Snowmass
There’s a reason - or should we say several reasons - why Aspen Snowmass was named SKI Magazine’s 2019 Rest of the Year: Best of the West
. Offering four mountains of varying personality, terrain, and challenge for skiers and riders of all abilities, infamous apres ski and nightlife, an incredible Ski & Snowboard School, unbeatable events, and a ski town like none other, Aspen Snowmass has everything you could possibly want out of a ski vacation and then some.