15 Fun Summer Activities in Aspen Snowmass
15 Things to Do in Aspen Snowmass this Summer
- 1. Mountain bike in Snowmass Bike Park, which offers nearly 3,000 feet of vertical and 19 miles of terrain for riders of all skills and abilities. Gain confidence on the trails by signing up for the Intro to Downhill Bike Clinic.
- 2. Take a hike! Explore countless trails throughout Aspen Snowmass to enjoy knee-high wildflowers and breathtaking views.
- 3. Go on a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure down the Roaring Fork River.
- 4. Tour Aspen Snowmass by hot air balloon.
- 5. Tee off at the Aspen Golf Course.
- 6. Find fun in the Lost Forest on Snowmass. Explore ropes courses, ziplines, an alpine coaster and so much more in Lost Forest, nestled just above Elk Camp on Snowmass.
- 7. Play high altitude disc golf with a view on Aspen Mountain or Snowmass.
- 8. Learn about Rocky Mountain flora and fauna when you go on a guided nature hike with the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) on Aspen Mountain or Snowmass.
- 9. Try your hand at fly fishing on the Roaring Fork River or the gold medal waters of the Frying Pan River.
- 10. Swim at the Snowmass Recreation Center outdoor pool.
- 11. Gather the family together for an evening on Snowmass at Farm to Table dinners on Tuesdays or free concert series on Thursdays.
- 12. Explore the backcountry on a jeep tour, driving over rugged roads with views of soaring 14,000 foot peaks.
- 13. Ride the Silver Queen Gondola on Aspen Mountain for Classical Saturdays and Bluegrass Sundays ― free outdoor concerts held every weekend. Or, get a workout in and hike up for the music and enjoy a free ride down!
- 14. Visit the Maroon Bells - the most photographed mountains in the U.S. A bus to the Maroon Bells is mandatory during the summer. Purchase a bus ticket at the new Maroon Bells Basecamp or take advantage of the Sightseeing Package, which includes a bus ticket, access to the gondolas and lifts on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass and food and beverage credits.
- 15. Rent a cruiser bike, and go on a fun ride through Aspen’s bike-friendly downtown or even venture down the Rio Grande trail for a margarita at the Woody Creek Tavern.
Your All-Inclusive Vacation Package
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at 888.649.5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.